Relaxation / Swedish Massage is the gentle manipulation of the body’s soft tissues, to stimulate circulation and relieve muscle spasm. It can be used superficially to produce an all over relaxing effect or it can be used to affect the deeper tissues and muscular discomforts. It is a very effective form of massage, and can help with reducing pain and swelling, reducing anxiety and help with relaxation, improves sleep, and generally boost the immune system.
It uses a variety of effleurage (long massage strokes), kneading, pressure and flowing movements over the body to address a wide range of complaints, or can simply be used for deep relaxation. The way we feel can impact directly on our physical wellbeing, so by inducing relaxation and stress relief, both the body and mind can benefit from a massage treatment.
Some of the benefits of Swedish Massage include:
• Promotes relaxation, thereby reducing stress and anxiety
• Eases muscular tensions, soreness and stiffness
• Improves skin tone, circulation and elasticity
• Boost immune system
• Relieves tired and stiff joints
• Increases energy levels by invigorating the body’s natural systems
• Aids better sleep and reduces insomnia.